teach credit bearing library and research skills courses
teach "one-shot" research skills classes tailor-made for your assignment criteria
teach one-on-one with students working on your research assignments at the Research Desk
create instructional materials designed for your research assignment needs
teach collaboratively and/or consult with course faculty who wish to assign research based writing assignments
TCC Library Instruction Program mission statement
The TCC Library Instruction Program provides timely and responsive academic support for students, faculty, and staff by teaching and promoting information literacy, collecting relevant materials in the most useful formats, and providing access to educational technology.
How do the library's program goals meet yours?
The following are the Library Program's learning outcomes:
Upon successful completion of the program, the student will be able to:
1. Employ strategic processes of inquiry to guide and refine information needs and search strategies (IIT, COK).
2. Select appropriate sources based upon information need and context (CRT, IIT, COK).
3. Use information ethically by citing sources in a standard citation style, with minimal errors (IIT, RES, COK).
4. Practice synthesizing information from more than one source into a new information product in preparation for future academic work. (COM, CRT, IIT, ICD, RES, COK)
5. Demonstrate the effective use of electronic search strategies (IIT, COK).
Each outcome is mapped to TCC's degree learning outcomes (DLOs), which can be found here:
Thinking of including an assignment that requires the use of outside sources? Consult with a faculty librarian so that we can best support your students' needs. Check our Staff Directory, linked below, to contact us directly!
Except where otherwise noted, the content in these guides by Tacoma Community College Library is licensed under CC BY SA 4.0.
This openly licensed content allows others to cite, share, or modify this content, with credit to TCC Library. When reusing or adapting this content, include this statement in the new document: This content was originally created by Tacoma Community College Library and shared with a CC BY SA 4.0 license.
Tacoma Community College Library - Building 7, 6501 South 19th Street, Tacoma, WA 98466 - P. 253.566.5087