Skip to main content
APA 7 - please read
There is a new edition of APA, moving us from APA 6 to 7. Please read the Library and Writing and Tutoring Center note about this change, our recommendations to instructors and students, and our timeline for updating instructional material.
This guide will help you...
...understand more about citing your sources.
Citing serves three main purposes:
- Showing that you have "consulted" with experts about your topic
- Giving credit to the authors of those sources
- Providing your reader with the information needed to find the sources you used in your paper or presentation
The next few pages of this guide explain:
- When and why you should cite
- The basics of citing
- How to use different citation styles
- Some tips for integrating your research into your writing
Image source: "Citation needed" by futureatlas.com via Wikimedia Commons is licensed under a CC BY 2.0 license
Plagiarism tutorial from Cateret Community College
Ask for help 24/7
Ask WA, a 24/7 chat service
If the TCC Library is closed, or you're working from home, and you need research help, you can still get a librarian's assistance 24/7 with the "Ask WA" chat service!
Except where otherwise noted, the content in these guides by Tacoma Community College Library is licensed under CC BY SA 4.0.
Tacoma Community College Library - Building 7, 6501 South 19th Street, Tacoma, WA 98466 - P. 253.566.5134