Skip to main content
OER email contact
We have set up a centralized email contact for OER support @ TCC. Email email@example.com, and we will get you in contact with the OER support you need!
Your faculty librarians, including your OER Librarian Jennifer Snoek-Brown, can help you find high-quality and appropriate OER for your course or curricular area.
OER-related services librarians can offer faculty:
- Direct instructors to TCC OER guides and/or other resources (i.e. webinars, guides, etc.) that will help you formulate an OER strategy
- Help instructors to discuss and target specific learning objectives when searching for materials
- Help instructors formulate a search strategy to locate OER (search terms, places to look, etc.)
- Help instructors fill in gaps and search for materials to support specific learning objectives after instructor has searched
- Help instructors explore library resources that support learning objectives
- Provide basic copyright guidance and/or resources (e.g. help you track down copyright owners in order to obtain permission to use materials)
- Communicate and work with faculty chairs on the above points
- Refer instructors to appropriate departments and/or individuals for assistance outside of the scope of library support
- Jennifer Snoek-Brown, OER Faculty Librarian, 253.460.3936
- Or your librarian liaison, linked below
eLearning and Instructional Design
Instructional design is the use of learning and instructional theory to facilitate the best possible learning experiences which meet educational outcomes. Through analysis of learning needs and goals at each stage of the course development process, an instructional design team works to create courses where students and instructors reach their educational goals.
The instructional design and eLearning team at Tacoma Community College centers around the instructor working to design a course. Design work is centered on the student and the learning transformations we want to foster during the educational experience.
What services are available?
- Course Development and Design
- Creating and sustaining online and face-to-face learning communities
- Designing for engaged participation
- Integrating technology across the curriculum
- Storyboarding and design thinking
- Connectivism and open resources
- UDL and assessment for student learning
- Facilitating collaboration
- Moving courses from face-to-face to full-online and hybrid online formats
- Training in instructional technology for the face-to-face and online classroom
- Multimedia development consultations
- Quality assurance reviews of courses or course materials
- Dale Coleman, Instructional Designer & OER Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 253.260.4469
- Or email email@example.com
LearnDot - OER support for students
The LearnDot website was created by TCC’s Learning Network as a centralized location for online educational resources that help TCC students develop their college skills or support their studies in any subject field. This site provides easy access to primary TCC tools (email, canvas, support, etc), as well as a central space where url links can be presented, described, and rated by the TCC student and staff body, so that the most useful websites can be discovered and used effectively! This central resource allows students and instructors to easily access excellent and freely available educational content and tools.
- LearnDot Support (CAL Lab): 253-566-5369
- LearnDot Webmaster: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Program Specialist: Kyle Jutte ext.5369 email@example.com
- There's also an online form, linked below, to suggest a website to add to LearnDot!
Submit a resource suggestion to LearnDot
Do you know of great websites and/or online resources not found on LearnDot? We appreciate any suggestions for online resources that you enjoy and find useful! You submit, we format, LearnDot evolves. Thank you for being part of this open educational project!
TCC's OE steering group
OE Steering Group vision:
Open Education at Tacoma Community College invites students, faculty members and administrators to work together as we choose a culture of innovative instruction that leads students to complete their education with both quality and equity. We will increase student learning opportunities by embracing a culture of Open in all levels of our institution.
OE Steering Group members:
- Dale Coleman, Instructional Designer & OER Coordinator
- Kyle Jutte, CAL Lab / OER Program Specialist
- Denise Levine, AHSS Administrative Assistant
- Sarah Lewandowski-Noble, Bookstore Retail Clerk
- Deborah Olson, Bookstore Manager
- Jennifer Snoek-Brown, OER Faculty Librarian
- Christopher Soran, eLearning Director
- Candice Watkins, Library Director
Note: OE Steering Group documents and reports are included in the "OER documents" tab above.
Except where otherwise noted, the content in this guide by Tacoma Community College Library is licensed under CC BY SA 4.0. Please see sub-pages for any additional attributions.
Except where otherwise noted, the content in these guides by Tacoma Community College Library is licensed under CC BY SA 4.0.
Tacoma Community College Library - Building 7, 6501 South 19th Street, Tacoma, WA 98466 - P. 253.566.5134