Skip to main content
The TCC Library strives to ensure that our library is a welcoming teaching and learning space for all TCC students. The policies below are effective January 2014 (updated 2018) and have been established by your ASTCC and TCC Library.
Food and drink
- Light snacks are allowed anywhere in the library, except in the Silent Study room.
- Meals and messier foods are allowed only in the lobby.
- No food of any kind is allowed in the Silent Study room.
- Covered drinks are allowed.
Library closing time
Each evening at closing time, a library staff member gives two reminders that the library is closing. Please begin to gather your belongings at this time so that you are prepared to leave the library promptly at closing time or before.
Please be considerate of the people around you. Helpful tips include:
- Put your ring tone in vibrate or silent mode.
- Keep any phone conversations to a minimum. If the call is longer than a few seconds, please take it to the library front lobby or outside the library.
- Please do not use the speaker phone. This is extremely disruptive for other students.
Acceptable computer use
All computer/wireless use must comply with the TCC Acceptable Use policy (linked below), that includes:
- “Games and Internet-based entertainment applications (music, video, or other) are not appropriate uses of college systems” (#6).
- Students who need the Library computers/wireless for school-related work are given priority.
- Spaces are designated for silent study, quiet study, or group work; signage provided by ASTCC.
- One group media room and three group study rooms w/ large screen monitors are available for advance booking at the library's home page; the library mezzanine also has tables for group study space.
- If the above description of study areas does not fit your needs, ask at the Front Desk for a list of alternative study spaces.
Except where otherwise noted, the content in these guides by Tacoma Community College Library is licensed under CC BY SA 4.0.
Tacoma Community College Library - Building 7, 6501 South 19th Street, Tacoma, WA 98466 - P. 253.566.5134