Skip to main content
Computers and other equipment
Computers are available for research, document production, and other college-related activity. Please see TCC Acceptable Use Policy to ensure compliance.
- Computers have access to the Internet, as well as the Library's Research Databases and catalog. Access both from the Library's home page.
- Two computers are equipped with adaptive aids for the visually impaired.
- Laptops can be checked out for four hours at a time from the Front Desk and can be used anywhere on campus. ID is required for checkout. Acceptable forms of ID include TCC student ID, driver's license, or passport.
- All computers connect to printers and printing can be done in black and white or color.
- Headphones are available for checkout at the Front Desk for two hours at a time.
A wireless network is available in the library and on campus. All laptops and wireless devices can be connected to the network. Wireless printing works for some devices. If you have problems connecting to the wireless network please contact library staff.
Printing and photocopying
- All computers in the library are connected to two black and white printers and one color printer.
- The cost is 10 cents per page (15 cents for double-sided) for black and white; 45 cents per page (75 cents for double-sided) for color.
- All funds are linked to your student account.
- Cash can be added with the Add Value Machine in the library. Exact change is required. ATMs are located in Buildings 7 and 11.
- Funds can be added to your printing account at the Cashier’s Office in Building 14. The Office encourages bringing cash, checks or money orders for the most stream-lined process.
- Credit card, ATM, and HigherOne cards can also be used to add money to your account. Please see the Cashier's Office in Building 14 to have a charge placed on your ctcLink account. This will enable you to log into your ctcLink account online to pay with your card.
- A Student ID card is required to make photocopies (black and white as well as color).
- Wireless printing is available for non-Mac computers. Use the link below to download the print drivers needed to send your documents to the printers.
Except where otherwise noted, the content in these guides by Tacoma Community College Library is licensed under CC BY SA 4.0.
Tacoma Community College Library - Building 7, 6501 South 19th Street, Tacoma, WA 98466 - P. 253.566.5134