Skip to main content
Your College ID is also your library card.
To borrow library resources, you must obtain a College ID card from Building 14. The library does not issue a separate card. Your TCC student identification number is also your library card number.
Bring items you wish to borrow to the front desk.
- Books in the library's circulating collection (labeled as "main collection" in the catalog) may be borrowed for three weeks
- Print magazines and newspapers may be borrowed for one week
- Most reference books are for use in the library only. Some may be borrowed overnight, 3 days or 7 days--ask a research librarian
- DVDs can be borrowed for 3 days
- Electronic books can be viewed through the Library Catalog, linked below
- Most items may be renewed in person, through the Library Catalog or by calling the Front Desk at 253.566.5087
Find items on the TCC library's shelves, as well as digital books from our ebook collections.
Textbooks and other material designated by the instructor for particular classes are available for use in the library.
- Most reserve materials may be borrowed for periods of two hours. Some may be borrowed for longer periods, just ask!
- Electronic reserves may be accessed through your Canvas classroom or your instructor's website.
Library research databases
The Library's research databases are for TCC student, faculty, and staff use. To view entire articles or books in these databases,users must be logged in with their college portal credentials. If you are having difficulty with signing in or viewing articles, please ask for help at the Library Research Desk.
Fees for overdue or lost books
Any charges are placed on your ctcLink account. The charge must be paid before the student can register for classes or receive a transcript.
- Borrowers are responsible for overdue or lost materials.
- Lost material will be charged at the price of the item, plus a $5.00 processing fee for each charge.
- Fees will be waived if overdue material is returned within the 1st week of the following quarter.
- If the item is found and returned within one year after a payment is made, the library will refund the price of the item (but not the $5 processing fee/s).
Except where otherwise noted, the content in these guides by Tacoma Community College Library is licensed under CC BY SA 4.0.
Tacoma Community College Library - Building 7, 6501 South 19th Street, Tacoma, WA 98466 - P. 253.566.5134