The TCC Library Instruction Program provides timely and responsive academic support for students, faculty, and staff by teaching and promoting information literacy, collecting relevant materials in the most useful formats, and providing access to educational technology.
Upon successful completion of the program, the student will be able to:
1. Employ strategic processes of inquiry to guide and refine information needs and search strategies (IIT, COK).
2. Select appropriate sources based upon information need and context (CRT, IIT, COK).
3. Use information ethically by citing sources in a standard citation style, with minimal errors (IIT, RES, COK).
4. Practice synthesizing information from more than one source into a new information product. (COM, CRT, IIT, ICD, RES, COK)
5. Demonstrate the effective use of electronic search strategies (IIT, COK).
TCC's library faculty will teach with you to help your students practice information literacy skills that meet your course research and writing objectives.
We welcome entire classes visiting the library to conduct independent research. Please let us know, at least a week in advance, so that we can provide you, your students, and other library patrons optimal service.
Contact Heather Gillanders to schedule a library research visit.
Thinking of including an assignment that requires the use of outside sources? Consult with a faculty librarian so that we can best support your students' needs. Check our Staff Directory, linked below, to contact us directly!
Except where otherwise noted, the content in these guides by Tacoma Community College Library is licensed under CC BY SA 4.0.
Tacoma Community College Library - Building 7, 6501 South 19th Street, Tacoma, WA 98466 - P. 253.566.5134