Skip to main content
Library faculty teach
TCC faculty librarians:
- teach credit bearing library and research skills courses
- teach "one-shot" research skills classes tailor-made for your assignment citeria
- teach one-on-one with students working on your research assignments at the Reference Desk
- create instructional materials designed for your research assignment needs
- teach collaboratively and/or consult with course faculty who wish to assign research based writing assignments
Consult with us
Thinking of including an assignment that requires the use of outside sources?
Consult with a faculty librarian so that we can best support your students' needs.
Schedule a class with us
TCC's library faculty will teach with you to help your students practice information literacy skills that meet your course research and writing objectives.
Schedule one or more "one-shot" sessions in our classroom or yours.
- Our instruction schedule fills quickly, so make your requests early in the quarter.
- Give library faculty at least 1 week advance notice so we can better meet your specific needs.
- Describe what your goals are for the session.
- Send us a copy of the assignment your students are working on.
Fill out the online request form to schedule a session (contact Heather Gillanders if you have questions).
See the attached library one-shot handout below.
How do the library's program goals meet yours?
Library Program Learning Objectives
- Articulate the role of research and describe the collection and services of an academic library;
- Strategically and iteratively use a variety of methods and media to identify, access, and retrieve information;
- Use standard and discipline-based strategies to evaluate the quality and appropriateness of resources;
- Use information ethically by properly citing sources;
- Synthesize new information with current understanding and experience to communicate: expansion of knowledge, acquired insight or the creation of something new.
TCC Faculty Librarians
Bringing your class to the library?
We welcome entire classes visiting the library to conduct independent research. Please let us know, at least a week in advance, so that we can provide you, your students, and other library patrons optimal service.
Contact Heather Gillanders to schedule a library research visit.
Except where otherwise noted, the content in these guides by Tacoma Community College Library is licensed under CC BY SA 4.0.
Tacoma Community College Library - Building 7, 6501 South 19th Street, Tacoma, WA 98466 - P. 253.566.5134